Sunday, February 1, 2009

Georges St. Pierre: Better or Boring

For The Record-I believe that Georges "Rush" St. Pierre is amongst the most gifted fighters in the world. He has been a favorite fighter of mine, but I wonder to myself: has he become boring? He used to get knockouts and he used to get submissions. Now it seems that all his fights go to decision. However, at the same time, he is imposing his will against the best in the world, negating their strengths and showing he is better at what his opponents do best. It is awesome to watch how he will dominate his opponent. 

So has GSP become boring? I think it depends what your definition of boring is. I believe he shows something new every fight, and his ability to "impose his will" on his opponent is just awesome. GSP is still an exciting fighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment