Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stoke v Arsenal

I was reading this great article recalling Arsenal's triumphs over Stoke in the FA Cup back in the early-70s.
Stoke fans never forgot the heartbreak caused, and the injustice that one of the most attractive sides in the country, had just one League Cup win to show for their immense talent.
I found some video:

Should be interesting to watch tomorrow. I don't think Wenger is going to play some of the star players like Fàbregas, Arshavin, Vermaelen, and Gallas. However, we might see the likes of Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, and Carlos Vela. Despite the priority in the league, I hope that Arsenal can find a way to advance. With both Liverpool and Manchester United out, it appears that Chelsea, Manchester City, and Aston Villa will be the other big competitors for the trophy and Arsenal definitely have a chance at Silverware. I hope Wenger at least puts Fàbregas and Arshavin on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment